Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10, 2010 - Happy Birthday Munchkin

Eight years ago right now I was rather grumpily eating a chicken pita from Jack in the Box. Not that I was ungrateful to those that got it for me. You see, at 9:26 PM I had just given birth and was famished after 3 days of not eating. You would think downtown would have better restaurants open than Jack in the Box.

All that to say happy birthday to my sweet little Munchkin. You are 8 today. You are headstrong and opinionated. You often don't think it is fair how much you have to help your brother but then you can be so very sweet to him. You are a voracious reader. In the last month alone you have read: Beezus and Ramona, the first Harry Potter book, about 10 Puppy place books, a couple of Cam Jansen books several others that I can see in my head but can't think of the titles at the moment, and you are in the midst of the Wizard of Oz.

At 8 you are ready for third grade but you are enjoying your summer break too. You love to ride your bike and always make sure you have your helmet, knee and elbow pads. You are my rule follower, my just coming into your real emotions sweet girl. You wanted to badly to see your friend get bap-it-ized and want to do it as well but aren't sure yet. 

You are still my cuddle up in my lap when you don't feel good, "Mommy, will you rub my back before bed", sweet sweet girl. I hope those don't ever change. You are sweet with your friends and love your little brother. You make a raspberry with your mouth when you hear a bad word on TV. You make your own secret white sauce for spaghetti and can now make an egg in a custard cup all by yourself. You are independent but still need help and I love being there to help you.

You pray every night and thank Jesus that your daddy's foot has gotten better quickly and that your cousin that was badly injured is also getting better quickly. 

My prayers for you this year, my sweet girl, are that you will grow closer to God, that you will continue to be independent but always know that daddy and I are there for you and that we love you so very much, that you will cherish your brother and make wise decisions in your choice of friends.

I love you my sweet girl and I am so glad that 8 years ago you came into this world and I got to see your sweet face for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Happy, Birthday, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry. I'm glad that you post things like this on their birthdays. Lots of sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete