Saturday, May 29, 2010

Busy Bee

So often I read blogs that are apologizing for not writing in so long....and you should be apologizing because I must know what is happening in your life! :) I hope those of you that know me in person can hear the kidding in my tone as I sit down to write a post saying I am sorry for not writing in so long. Going back through my posts I see that I have pretty much combined my last few Tuesdays with Dorie posts and have written very little else. There have been many changes, one of which is my new Droid Eris...LOVE IT! However, I get facebook updates (sorry about my lack of response there too folkie polkies, I can't search for people or see many updates on my app.) email updates and play games on there while waiting in line at the grocery store, so I am not really AT my computer where I can upload purty pictures or post witty blog posts. Right now I really should be cleaning my living room but I just got done scrubbing mold out of a stoneware pan (got left in the fridge with leftovers...ew) so I needed a break. Enough with the apologizing and on to fun stuff:

Thursday was the kids last day of school for the year. After all of the snow days and the week off for flooding I feel like it won't be difficult to get into a routine for the summer.

My children, I have discovered, can be bribed with silly bandz. They unloaded the dishwasher with super happy attitudes and no fighting in the pursuit of a plastic shaped band. The even offered to clean something else to earn another one. I sent them to straighten the entryway which included matching all of the shoes and getting them on the shelf, picking up random books and papers that came home the last day of school, and sweeping up the dog hair. I thought surely there would be arguing and fighting but I was wrong. They did an excellent job and earned another silly band! Ama-za-zing!!!

Let's see, funny stories....
Munchkin yelled at the TV "I demand a recount!!" when she heard who won American Idol. I have no idea where she heard that but we thought it was hilarious. In case you didn't know it was not Crystal whatserface it was the brown hair guy. I was teaching most American Idol nights so I didn't really keep up with it this year.

Another Munchkin story: While we were in the car one day she was playing wordup! on my phone. It is like boggle if you have ever played that game. Anyway, she wanted to know what sod meant and I told her it was a grass cover. She was able to read the definition and read it out loud. Apparently it is also short for and  British slang for that one town and Gomorrah....yeah, did not expect my seven year old to read a definition for that.

Little Man can sleep anywhere. The latest place was curled up in a ball in the grass a the drive in movie theater. We picked him up and put him in the trunk (I have a hatchback) while we stayed for the second movie. Yes, we put him in his carseat before we left to go home. :)

I am very excited to be home with my kiddos for the summer. We have lots of library trips, zoo trips and possible swim trips planned before heading back to school in the fall.

Hopefully I will get some picture edited and posted tomorrow of the kids last day of school.
And I promise to write more often for the 3 of you that follow my blog... (there are 20 but 3 sounds more pitiful!) :)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you this summer. Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can say 21. I'm subscribed through your blog in my reader. If I also became a follower, it'd come up twice.
    Good to hear your alive. ;)
    Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete