Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{TWD} Sweet Cream Biscuits

Well, today is Tuesday and with it comes another installment of Tuesdays with Dorie. Thank you to Melissa from Love at First Bite for choosing this weeks recipe. She was one of the first blogs I stumbled across when I started baking with the group and have seen her grow as a baker over the last 2 years. :) Check out her site for the recipe or go check out Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan!
Munchkin helped me make these as she wanted to use the biscuit cutter. She also helped by punching little holes all over the top when my back was turned. So...the dough was handled quite a bit too much I think. They were tasty but a little flat and a little hard. That did not stop my family from devouring them. We are a bunch of bread eaters over here.


We ate them pretty quickly out of the oven so that butter up there melted right after I took this shot.
As an added bonus I actually have a photo of my Swedish Visiting Cake from last week! :)
Happy baking everyone! I am off to my son's field trip!

15 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm glad they were still delicious! Your Swedish visiting cake looks mighty good, too!

Jeannette said...

All these biscuits makes me want to make another batch!! They look great!

Melissa said...

You guys are like me - even though mine didn't turn out spectacular, I still ate them!! I'm glad you enjoyed them, and thanks for baking the recipe I selected!!

Tia said...

a perfect picture of comfort and homeliness.

Susan said...

Hahaha! Some day the little Munchkin will relate stories of how she helped Mommy make biscuits, just like I mentioned helping my Mom make biscuits in my post. :) They look good.

Anne said...

Oh kids are the best helpers, aren't they? They look yummy nonetheless!

CB said...

How funny that your sous chef poked holes in your biscuits! Hole-y or not, your biscuits look good with all that butter. Mmmm...
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com

Kaitlin said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them even though the dough was handled too much! It seems that there's a fine line when it comes to handling dough properly. They look really yummy, though.

Pamela said...

Great shot of the Swedish visiting cake. So artful! The biscuits look wonderful on that red plate! Yum.

Mary said...

Maybe she was just making the holes to hold more butter? They look fantastic regardless!

Kim said...

Great looking biscuits despite the extra "help." The cake looks yummy too.

Katrina said...

Love the stacked up biscuits photo! Yay.

spike. said...

glad they were enjoyed despite any flatness!

Flourchild said...

Your biscuits and cake look very good. Im glad you enjoyed this recipe too. I really like it's simplicity!

Teanna said...

I think it's so cute that you're little one wanted to make biscuits out of your back! Your biscuits look great and so does your visiting cake!