{TWD} Swedish Visiting Cake

So, I have the new blogger template and I can't seem to fins spell check on it...any hints? :)
Thank you to Nancy from the Dogs Eat the Crumbs for choosing this weeks delicious recipe. Make sure to check out her blog for the recipe or pick up your very own copy of Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Nancy is the queen of math when it coumes to scaling recipes and she even used a duck egg! :) She is one of my favorite bakers!

Now on to our review. You might notice there are no pictures...yet. I learned how to shoot in RAW a couple of weeks ago but my little SD card wants to format when I use a card reader. So, I need to get the pictures off of my camera before I can post them.

This was a very simple recipe to make. There were few ingredients, I didn't have to pull out my mixer, there was an extra splash of vanilla because I was at the end of the bottle, and a little extra almond extract as the tsp overflowed when pouring. It smelled divine in the oven and tasted even better.

It was one of those recipes that makes you want to eat the entire cake in one sitting. It is light and almondy and delicious.  So, go check out Nancy's blog for lovely pictures and the recipe! :)

Comments

  1. Loved the simplicity of this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh... RAW>... i've been wanting to do that but i'm scared. GREAT job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love getting to the bottom of an extract bottle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your camera. I am having photography issues myself but i think they are computer related.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the cake! I think I put extras of the extracts in too, and it was fantastic. Can't wait for some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little extra extract can obly be a good thing in this recipe - mmm, nice and fragrant. I added extra almond extract because I love it so much. I'm glad that you enjoyed this one; thanks for baking along with me this week.

    sincerely,
    the Queen of Math

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have the Google toolbar opened on top, you can use their spell check. That is how I got around the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yipeee for Swedish cake..I loved it. The only thing I have had Swedish is the candy Swedish fish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried shooting in RAW format yet. Still stuck in JPEG. :) I loved this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raw? Hope you've got a lot of little SD cards and a big hard drive. Sounds like fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, one sitting. Does it take more than that? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this cake. A little extra extract definitely doesn't hurt!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the RAW shooting. I've played around with it, but haven't gotten very far. Glad you enjoyed the cake, we loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I added extra almond extract, too. This cake was great. Not enjoyable--camera issues!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment