Friday, April 02, 2010

This week---and last month...

The last week and the last month have been a blur. There has been a lot going on but I haven't been quite as stressed as I normally am.
Fun and not so fun moments from this week:
Little Man -
Not so fun: Got his first "not doing well in school" progress report. It was expected. He was born with Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum and Colpocephaly. He gets information but it takes a lot longer to process.
Fun: Got a perfect attendance award and a citizenship award at school. :) He got to take part in the kindergarten Easter Egg hunt and learned a new skill on his scooter!
Munchkin:
Not so fun: bumped her noggin on the bars at school (at least she didn't cut her face open this time), scraped her knees falling off her bike and crashed into a light pole sending shards of glass down and cutting her arm.
Fun: She got a Principals list award and citizenship award, her class got to choose the movie for the school movie night, and (dun, dun, dun) she learned how to ride her 2 wheel bike!!!! It has been perfect weather and Bobby has been out with the kids letting them practice. It won't be long and she will be asking for the keys! And making "grilled cheese sandwiches" out of pound cake and food colored cool whip.
Bobby:
Not so fun: having to wake up early everyday (he is not a morning person)
Fun: finishing his newest airplane, getting to take the kids to the park to fly it, recording with Barry Blair, and seeing Munchkin master her 2 wheel bike.
Me:
Not so fun: missing out on the awards ceremony and Munchkin mastering her bike
Fun: going to dinner with my hubby while the kids were at Awanas, going to the kindergarten Easter Egg hunt and making Aprils Fools food with Munchkin. Getting up early to watch the sunrise with Munchkin and taking my camera off the auto settings to get some pictures of it. Taking a 4.5 mile walk with my friend Sharon.

I definitely think the good outweighs the bad for this week. In reflection it is a crazy blessed life we have! :)

2 comments:

Flourchild said...

Life is full of ups and downs..isn't it?! I have had a very stressful last couple of weeks. I will blog about it soon...LIfe goes on and God is good. I need to get back into my bible soon..I have been slacking latley.

Debbie said...

You really have a crazy blessed life and I am so happy I'm part of it. Love ya'll.