Tuesday, March 02, 2010

{TWD} Coconut Custard Tart and Seuss pancakes

It is Tuesday and you know what that means! Tuesdays with Dorie my online baking club. I do have the honey wheat cookie dough made from last week, now I just have to bake it....although I am enjoying the dough by itself.

Today's recipe though is a spot of sunshine on an otherwise sleety day. The coconut makes me think of summer and that is something I needed this week. :) Thank you to Beryl from Cinemon Girl for this weeks recipe. She has got gorgeous photos on her blog along with the recipe for this winter respite recipe.

Now, you may be wondering why mine is blue. Of course, the inscription (cake decorator I am not) gives it away. Happy birthday to Dr. Seuss!
I have this at work with me today and I have a few people stopping by to eat some but others that are either afraid of blue food coloring or despise coconut. Those are the ones that are missing out. I was a little afraid of the custard part but I have to admit it is pretty tasty. :)

In addition to my lovely blue whipped cream I whipped up some Seussical pancakes for breakfast...I whipped up the batter, my sweet hubby flipped the cakes. He was a super good sport after I dragged him out of bed and was as happy as I was that the kids liked them. Munchkin was not nearly as impressed as Little Man. Her response was "oh, you made these last year". Well yeas dear I did...


Wouldn't you like to have some delicious multi-colored pancakes to celebrate a beloved children's authors birthday?

8 comments:

  1. Too cute! I wish I had done something that creative for the boys. :) But, Brody is celebrating the holiday tomorrow at preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love the pancakes and the tart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a yearly childhood memory that they share with their kids someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im gld you enjoyed the tart..it was so good.
    Those are some colorful pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! The blue in the tart AND the coconut would give me pause. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, love the tart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea to color the pancakes. I'd have never thought of that.
    Fun blue cream on the tart, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! I'm going to have to go back and make the tart. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete