Monday, March 22, 2010

Depression Glass

On Saturday (you know that day when it was sunny and beautiful and there was not another chance of snow), we were out digging up a portion of our backyard in an attempt to start a garden. I am not sure why I think this is a good idea outside of the part where I want my kids to eat good food. I do not have a green thumb, just ask the cactus I killed a couple of years ago.

Anyway, while we were digging Munchkin was looking for treasure and dug up a little green bottle. If I had my card reader with me there would already be photos posted, but I don't so I can't, but I will later. After a little bit of Internet research (5 whole minutes worth) on the DES. PAT 92148 listed on the bottom this is what I discovered. Looks like Munchkin found some treasure in our yard after all:



4 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I love depression glass. I have a few pieces that I bought at a depression glass show and that I bought on ebay. Creamer and sugar sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! When I dug in our backyard with the same gardening intentions (and same green thumb) ;) all I found was rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:08 PM

    i just found one along with a blue phillips bottle how much are they worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not thinking it is worth much but I haven't really checked into it.

    ReplyDelete