Thursday, February 18, 2010

{TWD} Rick Katz Brownies and My Best Ch. Chip Cookies

Yes, I realize it is Thursday and I am posting 2 recipes at once. Working 40 hours a week, teaching 12 hours a week and grading papers the rest of the week does not a frequent blogger make. :) I would have included my Cocoa nana bread on this post as well but I can't find the photos...they must be in the group I moved to my other computer. Anyway, enough with the excuses! On to the recipes. First we had Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia. These were chosen by Chocolatechic. She has gorgeous food photography and a fun blog. Go check it out! People said that these turned out pretty runny so I really wasn't surprised when mine did the same. After a couple of hours in the fridge though they were pretty tasty. They had a fudge like quality to them and a yummy crispy top. Of course, there are still some left in the fridge so it is not a recipe my family will be begging me to make again. My kiddos did like the little heart shaped brownies I cut out and sent with them to school though.
Next we have My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Reading the P&Q's everyone said these spread like crazy. There were a few though that said if you reduce the butter or increase the flour it wouldn't be so bad. I asked Munchkin to get 2 sticks of butter out of the fridge. When I made it to the kitchen there was a stick and 3/4 so we went with it...I figured it was a sign. :) The bittersweet chocolate in these was tasty and I did actually put walnuts in them (surprising for a nut hater like me). They are chopped fine though so you can't see them. Since we have Girl Scout Cookies in the house along with some ice cream and extra brownies I took most of these to one of my classes. They liked them but didn't really think they were the best they had ever had. And, I will go with them on this. I have my go to recipe for Chocolate Chip cookies that my mom gave me. I much prefer that one. Even though these were not "my best" chocolate chip cookies they were pretty good. :) Thank you to Kait from Kait's Plate for choosing this weeks recipe. She baked these in 3 different batches to find out the bast way to bake them. She is another one with gorgeous photos. Make sure to stop by her site and say hi! :)

5 comments:

  1. They look good Karen. I have no won't power lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brownies are so cute, and your cookies look perfect. Really much better than mine did when I made them (over a year ago).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stack of cookies does look great. These were not my favorite either, I like a thick chewy-gooey cookie. I certainly cannot complain with all the chocolate this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your recipes look great. I like the brownies, but not the cookies. Great photos, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete