Tuesday, February 02, 2010

{TWD} Milk Chocolate Mini Bundts

For the most part my Tuesday with Dories recipes turn out pretty well. Sure, I have had a few flops (maybe from not following directions) but for the most part each recipe has been well loved...as attested to by my ever expanding hips...maybe I can blame it on my job and sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day...yeah, let's go with that. :)

This weeks recipe (Milk Chocolate Mini Bundts) was chosen by Kristin of I'm Right About Everything. She is a prolific TWD poster and will have the recipe for these little bundts posted on her site.
Now, when I saw the recipe for these I just knew I had to have a new pan. There was some talk on the forums of using a muffin tin..but really what fun is that when you can get a cute new pan? I should have listened to my gut and gone with the muffin tin. As delicious as these were they were pretty ugly. And I followed the playing around directions instead of the straight up directions (bit's o' brickle instead of nuts) which made them tear into pieces from sticking to the sides of the pan. Of course my kids liked the "Muffies" where the mini bundts had separated from the bottoms...or tops I guess if we are being technical.
Unfortunately my bundts had to stay naked. There was a glaze in the book to spread on the top but mine turned into a big clumpy mess so we left it off. They were just as good without it.
Anyway, thank you to Kristin for choosing this recipe. It was fun to make even though mine tore into pieces. :)

10 comments:

  1. I don't have a mini bundt pan, but I made muffins and they turned out rather well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apolizise for nothing! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with the muffin pan. If I could justify another pan in the kitchen I totally would have bought the mini bundt pan. Too cute. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a mini heart shaped pan for mine. I can't tell that yours "fell apart". They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome! I think when they break, the baker is supposed to eat the evidence. That's my story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your mini-bundts look great! And I'm glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah...you will get lots of use out of those mini bundts! I make everything in them! Great for portion control. :o) Sounds like so many people had trouble with that glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the kids thought them to be an adventure. Sorry for your trials. They happen but who cares if its tasty right? I happen to think you did will reconstructing your cakes. hehe I would have never known, darn those little bits o brickle! hehe
    Great job
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine was a complete mess. I wasn't lovin this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you and the kids liked them! Thanks for baking with me this week!

    ReplyDelete