Tuesday, February 23, 2010

{TWD} Honey Wheat Cookies

Ugh, I feel like a broken record when explaining why my recipe is not up. The 1 lonely stick of butter for this recipe has been sitting on the counter for 2 days waiting to be mixed lovingly into cookies. The wheat germ is sitting next to it sadly contemplating it's demise. I am actually excited about this recipe, I can almost taste the crunchiness of the wheat germ on the outside of the cookies.
Alas, I have spent every waking moment at my desk at work, teaching 4 hour classes, grading papers, preparing for the next class I am teaching, and kissing my kids goodnight. It is a good thing I am only doing this this month because I am one tired lady.
I will be home at 10:30 tonight and may make these then but I am planning on making next week's recipe also to share with tomorrows class.
Hopefully I will have some pictures up later tonight.

This week's recipe was chosen by Michelle of Flourchild. She is one of my very favorite TWD bakers. Not only does she bake she is a fitness guru and a runner. Check out her site for the recipe and her awesome old fashioned mixer. :)

4 comments:

  1. You poor thing! It sounds like your schedule is keeping you out of the kitchen, and I know that's not a welcome thing for you. Hope it lightens up soon!

    I made mine with maple instead of honey and I skipped the lemon, and they were really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thank you for being so sweet to me..you are the best.
    NO worries on missing baking this week. You sound so busy, I hope you can rest and be lazy soon;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All work and no play...hope things let up for you soon. I am working two jobs now and not sure how much free time I will have. I think you will like the cookies. They are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get time, I recommend these! I loved these, they were the perfect match with a cup of tea as the lemon and honey were built right into the cookie. What a deal!

    ReplyDelete