The fort and an "eh" nights sleep

Do you remember the forts you used to make as a kid? Made out of the tweed couch cushions and the handmade afghan your grandma made....My kids usually just pull the couch cushions off to jump on them.
In the last week Munchkin and Little Man have come up with their own club with club activities and everything. Last night they decided they needed a fort so they got busy and made one in their room. I have to say, it was pretty impressive. Bobby helped tack the edges of the Star Wars comforter down so it wouldn't fall on them and I was even able to crawl in to say prayers with them. Both kids were so excited to sleep in their fort! Of course, they were sleeping on a blanket on the hardwood floor so I figured by morning they would be back in their beds. Little did I know....

About 3 am Munchkin was in our room. She had a bad dream about an alien and could hardly talk. It has been awhile since she had a bad dream so I let her stay cuddled up between us. About 4 am in came Little Man, he was sad because he couldn't find Munchkin. In the bed he crawled but we were all so groggy he didn't get under the covers. Smart me, instead of making the kids go back to their beds I got up a little while later to find a blanket for Little Man. After stumbling around in the dark I found one to take back for him. By the time I got back to my room my two children were so spread out in my bed there was no room for me! I covered Little Man and went back to the kids room, untacked the Star Wars blanket and climbed into bed.

I awoke to "Hey! Why did you mess up our fort?". Um, well......

Comments

  1. How cute is that! Love those kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment