Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb

So, tonight I ordered pizza from Papa Johns....online. This is not normally a problem, we have done it before successfully. Tonight was a pizza FAIL! After waiting over an hour for my pizza I decided I better check my email. Apparently there is a button you must click to change the order from carryout to delivery and I failed to see it. Since hubs is out of town with the band and I am home with two extra kiddos I couldn't go pick it up. I called in and they wanted to CANCEL my order and redo it so they could add in the delivery fee. I sat on hold for 5 minutes waiting for a manager and then hung up and called back. (I hate that when people do that to me but I got through!) If they canceled my order it would take up to 14 days for the money to be credited to my account. I asked if I could just write a check for the delivery fee.

They ended up remaking my pizza and sending it out without the delivery fee so all I needed was a tip. I feel a little like a schmuck because I had to raid my kids stash for a tip for the driver. Oh the joys of a cashless society. Anyway, the kiddos liked the pizza and all was well. The moral is: if you ever order online make sure that the correct buttons are pushed or you will wait forever for a pizza that is not being delivered!

No comments: