Tuesday, January 19, 2010

{TWD} Oatmeal Chocolate Almost Candy Bars

First of all thank you to Lillian of Confectiona's Realm for choosing this weeks recipe. I think it was a favorite among many of the bakers. This was one recipe my husband said I could leave at home and not take to my co-workers. :)
To check out how all of the other bakers did head over to the TWD site. You can also follow the link to buy the book Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan.


The recipe called for raisins, I left them out and added butterscotch chips instead. A little switcheroo my daughter and husband were grateful for. My little guy would have liked the raisins and I probably would have as well but I didn't want to eat them all. The batter was delicious as it was...
I also forgot to mix the peanuts into the chocolate before spreading on the base so these are a little messy. No one seems to mind though, especially the dog who just follows behind and hoovers everything up.
This was a fairly simple recipe that I think will be added to the dessert repertoire. Tune in next week for Cocoa-Nana Bread.

9 comments:

  1. they look great! glad you and your family liked them! everyone who tried mine loved em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterscotch chips sound wonderful. They look great and I'm glad they were such a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to leave the raisins out..I did too. Love the butterscotch idea too. My family gobbled these up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so have to try it with butterscotch chips - yours look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterscotch chips sound great! Glad you enjoyed these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are definitely at happy, yummy cookie! (I forgot to add the nuts to my base also and just laid them on top! Dangerously good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours look so good with the butterscotch chips in them! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours look delicious and butterscotch chip would be awesome.
    mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! I would definitely do butterscotch chips in place of the raisins. These are going into the regular rotation since they were a big hit.

    ReplyDelete