{TWD} Sables

Thank you to Bungalow Barbara for choosing Sables this week for Tuesdays with Dorie. These were a really simple recipe to throw together. Between grading paper and Christmas shopping I was in need of a simple recipe for this week. These little sables required 2 egg yolks and next weeks Cafe Volcano cookies required 2 egg whites. Providence I tell ya! :) I made those cookies too but you will just have to wait until next week for them.

These are terrible pictures but what can you do when it gets dark at 4:30 and it is cloudy all day so there is no natural light?

These are tasty, tender little shortbread cookies that lend themselves well to dipping. One tip, if the recipe says use a silpat mat...use a silpat mat. They were kind of difficult to get off the stone without breaking.

Munchkin and I are heading out to Davis Kidd tonight to see The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond and to have her sign my cookbook. I feel kind of silly because I don't get totally starstruck (unlike my mother who saw Dixie Carter at Opryland and almost fell all over herself). but I am pretty excited.
Stay tuned tomorrow for pictures and a story about the event! :)

Comments

  1. I loved these cookies and it was nice to have an easy recipe. Have so much fun at the cookbook signing. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...I'm with Kim about being a bit jealous on the cookbook signing. HAve a great time! Nice job on the cookies. I'm on the fence about next weeks recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    Oh Pam you need to make them! they were easy and everyone I gave them to loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! These looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for baking along with me this week!

    Have fun at the cookbook signing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the shortage of daylight. Weren't these good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great and, I am sure, tasted the same. Hope you have fun at the cookbook signing event!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment