Thursday, November 19, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day 19 Pumpkins

I know I kept saying I was going to post pictures of our pumpkins and here they are finally a week out from Thanksgiving. Munchkin won the beast sitting next to her out at Pumpkin Hill by guessing the closest weight. It was 68 pounds and looked much bigger sitting on its end with her on the table next to it. It weighs 22 pounds more than she does.

Not only did she win the pumpkin, it won our neighborhood carving contest as well! Lucky Pumpkin! :)

This pumpkin was carved by Munchkin. She did a fantastic job but we carved the Monday night before Halloween so by the time candy day rolled around its name became "My Head Esplode"!

This was Little Mans pumpkin. What you can't see is the other side was carved like Darth Vader. The mouth hole you see there was actually carved the night we carved all the pumpkins because it was already starting to mold a bit that night. I figured if I got the moldy part out it would survive. The eyes were added to this side after Darth Vaders face mushed in.
This guy makes me laugh because I think he looks a little bit like Gonzo. He looked scared of our big maama jaama pumpkin. This was all hubbys doing!
It's too bad you can't see this goofy guys nose in this picture. He was pretty fun to carve. There were surprisingly few guts to pull out and was easier to clean because I could actually get my hand in there.

Munchkin had a blast helping out with the pumpkins this year. It is really the first year she has helped a whole lot. At first she didn't want to touch the guts but eventually got her hands in them and wouldn't leave them alone. She is my child that will play all day in the dirt.
Little Man carved a bit but didn't want to touch the guts. Nope, not a play in the dirt kind of boy.
I can't wait to see what my kiddos will come up with next year for their pumpkins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment