Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween Party #1

It is that time of the year again. The spooks and goblins are getting ready to hunt down candy..for their parents... that they will hoard until it is gone. I posted awhile back about the costumes we have had in recent years. On actual Halloween we were the party poopers. No costumes for us, mostly due to financial and time constraints. However, we did get to go to a murder mystery party Friday night with friends from work. I dressed as a nun and my rockstar husband got to dress as a 70's TV Producer. With the financial constraits undomestic me MADE my hubby some bellbottoms. I sacrificed an old paid of my jeans so I could stitch witch the fabric to an old pair of his jeans. He was pretty impressed. He wore my gold chain, a shirt he bought years ago for rocking out with his band and some cool aviator shades. In the interest of frugality..and the fact that nun costumes were completely sold out I bought a black turtleneck that can be worn again, a black scarf that can be worn again and white headband that can be worn again (you have to be frugal in this economy). The costumes worked out well and we had a good time at the party.



I do have to say I am fairly certain I have never been to a party that had jello shots before. I did not partake since I was driving and Bobby did not partake since he thought they would make him fall asleep. He had been up until 2am the night before getting a bunch of work done. Not to mention the party was kind of his worst nightmare. He loves being on stage but being at a party where he is forced to talk to people he didn't know was not really his happy place. I loved having him there though and that he loves me enough to go with me to stuff like that.
Tomorrow...Princess Leia and Darth Vader

No comments:

Post a Comment