{TWD} Espresso Cheesecake Brownies

Short and sweet. Thank you to Melissa from Life in a Peanut Shell for this delicious recipe. You can find the recipe on her blog or in Dorie Greenspan's book Baking From My Home to Yours.
I took these to my scrapbook retreat this weekend and a few people ate them but didn't quite make a dent.


I brought the rest with me to work yesterday and they were devoured. When they were close to being gone a student came in and tried a bite....and then licked the knife. Doh! I said "Did you just lick the knife???" He looked kind of surprised and said "I am such a caveman..I did lick the knife...I guess I better finish these off!". Seriously? Anyway, they were well liked. Does anyone know where to buy espresso powder? I bought Publix brand espresso coffee but I don't think that is the right stuff. I had to strain this so it wasn't a mess of coffee grounds. Also, my batter was kind of thick so I didn't get any good swirls through my cheesecake like some of the other bakers did. Definitely a keep in the recipe repertoire! :)

Comments

  1. Hehe Caveman. Glad they were enjoyed! Did you see my link for KAF espresso powder? Best stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see your link. I am going to have to get some since I can't find it anywhere else! :)thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eww...licking the knife. Wow.

    Anyway, your brownies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I picked up my espresso powder in an unlikely place (at least to me)...Target. In the coffee section. If you can't find any, I'll mail you some. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't tell my boys that trick--lick the knife and you can have the rest!
    The brownies were a little dry to me, but I worked with it and pulled off some good ones. The KH ones are actually fabulous today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha i have to try that caveman trick!!

    pretty photos. and i'm so jealous that you go on scrapbook retreats. i'd love to but i'm not equipped enough to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try Starbucks for the espresso powder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You scored at work sounds like. I couldn't swirl mine either the batter was just too stiff and the cheesecake batter was like loose. Weird huh? Anyway, I am able to find Medaglia D'Oro Inst. Espresso pwdr at stores in my mid sized town. Its a nice product - try google. Anyway, your scrapbook friends missed out....
    Great photos!
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. The knife-licking story is hilarious! Can't believe the scrapbookers weren't into this! At least your office enjoyed them. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Extreme double dipping.

    Was that like touching all the cookies so no one else would eat one??

    The brownies look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment