{TWD} Carmel Crunched Torte

AKA the pie that will break your teeth. :) I can say pretty confidently that most of my Dorie recipes work out really well. This one tasted good but it was not a pretty process. The caramel was so hard that it could have broken teeth if it was given to someone without warning. I obviously cooked it way to long. Plus I was a cheater and used a premade graham cracker crust instead of making Dories sweet tart dough.
I brought it to work this morning and everyone liked it. I suppose if my day wasn't already a train wreck that would make me feel better. This was tasty and if I make it again I will make sure not to cook the caramel as long. Thank you to Carla at Chocolate Moosey for this weeks recipe. Check out her blog for the recipe or pick up Dorie Greenspan's book Baking from My Home to Yours.

Sorry for the yuck photo...someone obviously stuck a little finger on my pie before I could shoot it. :(

Comments

  1. Too bad about the caramel...the ganache looks perfect and smooth. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chickened out on the caramel. The ganache looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought when I saw the first photo was - "That looks great!" (not a yuck photo). I would never have thought to pair this with graham cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingerprint or not, it looks great! Having a giveaway on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the caramel. Try making it again, Im sure it will turn out better for you!

    So glad it ended up being tasty and how nice to share with the folks at work!

    See ya next week for some Split level puddin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet this was really good with the graham cracker crust! My photos never turn out as well as I wish they would. I hope your day today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think graham cracker is a delicious alternative to the sweet tart crust. Sorry the caramel didn't work out ...it will next time and the ganache is to die for. Beautiful! BTW fingers are good for eating with anyway. he he
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were pie twins this week! I cheated on the crust (used premade frozen pie crust) and had rock hard caramel too! Sounds like yours was a hit anyway! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment