Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Bad Words and Blue Smoke

Last night was filled with excitement for our little fambily. Bobby met me at the new Buffalo Wild Wings with the kids for dinner. It was extremely loud but the food was good and I even won stuffed animals out of the grabber game for each of the kids. Munchkin really wanted an orange dog but it was stuck under another dog that looked like Bolt, only grey. Lucky for her I got both of them! :)
We kind of puttered around at home for a little while when Bobby started working on his airplane. He has been building remote control airplanes for almost 5 years now and has quite the collection. (He would like some super nice ones so if you know anyone with connections please let me know!) Everything was going fine until blue smoke started pouring from his direction and a not so pleasant word passed his lips. He was unplugging something and completely burned his fingers, dropped it and kicked it across the floor toward his guitar gear and ran to get some paper towels to pick it up and take it outside. I grabbed a silicone hot pad and shoved it at him to use instead of the paper towels since I figured those would go up in smoke as well. I grabbed another piece that was scorching the floor and tossed it outside to him to douse with the hose.

I went back inside to the house completely filled with magic blue smoke and Munchkin crawling on the floor with Little Man saying "We have to crawl under the smoke cuz smoke rises!!!". We took them outside to play while the house aired out.
All of this happened in about 90 seconds and my poor husband was so shaken up...not to mention he scorched his sock when he kicked the airplane part. He is so careful about everything he is doing with his planes so I think it really scared him.
At least we know our kids know to stay low to the ground when there is smoke.

While we were outside playing Munchkin made an obstacle course. She had everything from The Big Balls to power boosts to Car Crap....wait WHAT? Car Crap? She was so nonchalant when explaining..."This right here is Car Crap and if you step on it you have to wait for 20 seconds." I actually laughed out loud and then said she shouldn't use that word. "Why"? Um...it's kind of a grown up word that you don't need to use. I do have to say this is not the first time she has used this word. When she was about 3 Bobby took her over to a friends house to play Halo (man we sound like good parents right now huh?) and she came home saying "shrap!" My friend Beth and I also joked that it would be at least one of our kids first words. We agreed that the trap should be called Car Crash instead.
Like I said, it was an eventful evening. :)

1 comment:

  1. "went back inside to the house completely filled with magic blue smoke and Munchkin crawling on the floor with Little Man saying "We have to crawl under the smoke cuz smoke rises!!!"

    Ok, that made me bust out laughing! So cute, but yet awesome that they know exactly what to do.

    ReplyDelete