Because

I am having one of those weeks that feels like I am running through mud and can't get out. Yesterday I left my phone at home. It made me feel even more disconnected than I normally do. Because I left my phone at home and didn't get home until 10:30 I checked facebook on my phone before going to sleep. Because I checked facebook I forgot to set my alarm. Because I forgot to set my alarm I got up 40 minutes late. Because I got up 40 minutes late we got out the door late. Because we ran out of Capri Suns yesterday for the kids lunches and neither of us had any cash for milk at school we had to run to McD's for chocolate milks. Because we went the opposite way than we normally do we found ourselves in the middle of traffic because of an accident. Because of the accident I ran through the parking lot and made it to McD's. Because they took FOREVER in the drive thru I decided to run in with the kids. Because we pulled out of the drive thru the guy behind us did as well and ran in before us. Because of the accident we had to make a detour. Because of the detour around the fire trucks we said some prayers for the people in the accident that they were all unharmed. Because we prayed for others I felt myself calm down a bit. Because I was calmer, letting the kids get out of the car and walk in together was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Because we were in the late car rider circle I was late for work. Because I was late for work one of my co-workers was not able to get in yet since she doesn't have a key. Because of all that craziness I was able to have a good laugh with a couple of co-workers about facebook and technical ineptitude. Because I have been praying and because I am choosing to, I am going to have a good attitude and pray that it is contagious.

Comments

  1. Ha! This reminds me of my son's book "Because A Little Bug Went Kachoo", it's a Dr. Seuss book that tells a whole story that transpires all because a bug sneezed. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment