Wednesday, July 29, 2009

{TWD} Vanilla Ice Cream

Guess what I got!!!!

When my parents were here a few weeks ago they got me an ice cream maker! :) My birthday is in September so it's early but the point was so we could take advantage of it during the summer. Thanks mom and dad!! :)

Of course leave it to brilliant me to do something stupid. I poured my custard directly into the black part without the canister. That was a mess. At least it didn't leak too much. The first time we used the ice cream maker I don't think I let the canister stay in the freezer long enough as our ice cream stayed pretty melty instead of churning up nice and thick.

This time was a different story though.
I know this was supposed to be vanilla but I am just not a fan of plain ol vanilla. So, I added Andes Mint pieces. To die for! This is creamy, minty and delicious! Yum! Make sure to check out Lynne's blog for the recipe!

3 comments:

  1. Andes Mints! Perfect!!!! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the ice cream maker. The Andes Mints addition is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday gift. Wish I was there to taste it.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete