Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Pork Chops with Apple Cherry Chutney

While my father in law was here I was trying to cook some healthy meals. This one came out of a cookbook I bought in Michigan at the last family reunion we got to attend.

I have never in my life made chutney before and had no idea if it was going to turn out or not.


It was not that difficult and Bobby's dad helped out quite a bit stirring the mix until it turned more syrupy.

The asparagus (which I am apparently the only one that likes it) was delicious...in my opinion. I put it on a baking sheet and drizzled a little bit of olive oil over it, sprinkled a little garlic powder on it and baked it for about 10 minutes at 400. When it came out of the oven I sprinkled on some Parmesan cheese. Everything is better with cheese, right? :)

I was not a big fan of the taste of the fried pork chops but I really liked the chutney and the asparagus. Bobby said he would have eaten another pork chop had we had more and his dad said he liked them too. The kids did ok but Munchkin "doesn't like cooked fruit" so she didn't want to have anything to do with the chutney. Oh well, I am not a short order cook and they have to eat what I fix. So there. :)

This is a definite make a gain recipe.

3 comments:

  1. I bet those pork chops were great with the chutney. I've actually never made my own chutney, but I bet it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Maybe we can try it when we come out there.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new asparagus fan too. My husband drizzles the olive oil and uses garlic salt, marjoram & basil. MMMM!

    ReplyDelete