{TWD} Fresh Mango Muffins

Back in the late 80's early 90's when I was in Jr. High I remember going to the student store and buying Koala soda. I think it was around 50 cents and came in flavors like Mango and Passionfruit. I loved that soda. I wonder when it stopped being made.

I have tried Mango slushy and other mango flavored items and have always like them. However, I am not really a fan of the actual Mango fruit. It seems to leave a bit of a bitter aftertaste. I did know I wanted to try this recipe though.
I replaced ginger with Allspice due to the ginger in my cabinet smelling...not like ginger. This was also supposed to be a loaf of bread but it was supposed to bake for and hour and a half. I decided to make Mango Muffins instead. I subbed milk chocolate chips for the raisins and forgot the lime zest. I guess I didn't really forget it, my lime was rotting and I didn't bother with a lemon.


24 muffins in the over and 20 minutes later I had a nice batch of Fresh Mango Muffins. I really thought I would be taking this whole batch to work with me tomorrow due to my hubbys dislike for cooked fruit. He surprised me by eating one and really liking it. My daughter kind of liked them and my son LOVED these. He wanted to eat them instead of his actual dinner.
Can you believe it? I am actually posting on Tuesday...only because I had the entire day off. :)
This recipe is a keeper!! Thank you to Kelly of Baking with the Boys for choosing this weeks recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie. You can find the recipe on her blog!

Comments

  1. I almost put chocolate chips in mine, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it, and I didn't want to waste my chocolate.

    I'm kind of glad I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad this one was a sleeper hit at your house! Muffins are perfect portion control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mango muffins look delicious. I''m glad you liked them. Next time I'm making muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely making muffins next time. You get to eat them faster! :) Yours look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mango muffins look so tasty! I hope you liked them as much as your family did! Too bad for your co-workers! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to make muffins. Next time I will add the chocolate chips.

    Your muffins look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I'm losing my mind. I really thought I left you a comment earlier. So if I didn't I really wanted to let you know how much I loved your photos, the kitchen window with the sun shining on your table with the ingredients. Also I loved the light and shadows on the tin as well as the porch steps (me thinks) in the background of your muffins. Very neat. So glad you were among the muffin crowd. I can't wait to make them into muffins. They were that good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look good!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely muffins. Allspice. I would never have thought of that. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment