Tuesday, May 26, 2009

{TWD} Chipster Topped Brownies

It is Tuesday once again and that means bakers from around the world are baking the same recipe from Dorie Greenspans Baking from My Home to Yours. This weeks recipe was Chipster Topped Brownies. I think I could have eaten the brownie batter all by myself. I of course had a little help from my diabetic father in law. He surprised me by wanting to polish off the batter in the bowl and on the beaters. Since Bobby is paranoid about eating raw dough I just figured he would be as well. I was wrong. Apparently he is on a see food diet. :)


You know how Paula Deen LOVES butter? Well, I accidentally put in 4 extra tablespoons of butter when I was mixing up the cookie dough. How does that happen one might ask. Attention to detail I tell ya! I pulled out 4 sticks of butter, 2 for the brownies and 1 and a half for the cookie dough. I forgot to cut the 4th stick in half though and just dumped it all in. I realized it when everything was mixed op and I was ready to spoon the cookie dough over the brownie base. Oh well, we love butter at our house too. This was definitely not a low calorie treat! In addition to the 4 extra accidental tablespoons of butter I put baking m&ms on the brownies instead of walnuts (much to my hubbys disappointment...mental note: pick up walnuts) and put butterscotch chips in the cookies instead of bittersweet. Thank you to Beth from Supplicious for choosing this delicious recipe. You can find the recipe on her blog. Everyone in my house loved these and so far at work they have been a hit as well. The extra butter doesn't seem to matter to anyone...who knows about it, and these are perfect with a little scoop of ice cream! Yum!

10 comments:

Jules Someone said...

That looks yummy! Mmmmm. Ice cream.

Katrina said...

Looks great, Karen!

Leslie said...

What a great idea to serve these with a spoon, and ice cream would be perfect!

Flourchild said...

Your brownies look so good. I think using butterscotch chips is an excellent idea!

pinkstripes said...

YUM! Looks wonderful.

bakingwiththeboys said...

No one minds extra butter do they? Butterscotch chips sound great.

lasinthekitchen said...

Your brownies look terrific! They look moist and fudgey since you can eat it with a fork! Yum!

margot said...

I agree: with that much butter, what's another four tablespoons. Your other modifications sound delicious, too.

TeaLady said...

I don't think another 1/2 a stick made that much difference in these.

Those look yummy!!!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

This sounds like a delicious, though decadent dessert! A treat!!! And what's a little butter among friends and family!