{TWD} Coconut Butter Thins

It's Tuesday, and you know what that means! Tuesdays with Dorie is an online baking club that bakes the same recipe together for the week and posts on Tuesdays. Thank you to Jayne from The Barefoot Kitchen Witch for choosing this weeks recipe. She also has a sweet Etsy shop so make sure to check that out as well!

Today's recipe is Coconut Butter Thins. I think it is funny that 3 recipes in a row have used the infusing zest into the sugar technique. No one knew what recipes the others were choosing so it is just random. This weeks recipe called for lime zest instead of lemon though.
Dorie says she almost didn't include this recipe in the book. I am glad she did because it is really good. It is a really light shortbread but it is quite lime-y. I got Persian limes so I don't know if that made a difference or not. It may have been the infusing technique that made them so strong. I did tell my husband I thought they were too limey but he seemed to think they were really good anyway.

Munchkin wouldn't try them at all due to her aversion to all things coconut. Little Man is sick so he won't touch them either. He actually said to me that he doesn't like cookies. That is when you know the child is sick because he likes anything with sugar in it.


These were easy to throw together and to roll out. Unfortunately I couldn't find my ruler after scrapping last weekend so they are a little less than uniform. Oh well. The crazy looking ones tasted just as good as the perfect ones. :)

Comments

  1. Nice cookies, Karen. I think the Persian limes must have amped up the lime flavor because mine was really subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really loved these. Yours look great! Glad that you and your hubs enjoyed them (and I hope that your Little Man is feeling better soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they don't like cookies, you know they aren't faking. Ruler or not they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cookies look pretty darned ideal - square and buttery. Yum!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your's were a lot more uniform than mine. And, I couldn't find a ruler either. LOL. So i made small small ones and a few big ones. Good. Though. Your's look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not like cookies? Uh oh, that's code for "sick!" They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your little guy is feeling better soon. Found out today mine has ear gunk in both ears and what could be the beginnings of pneumonia/bronchitis. Antibotics should help both! Sigh.
    Anyway, your cookies look good and really buttery, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well they look gorgeous! I liked these cookies more than I thought I would. I keep nibbling at them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOur cookies look delicious. I loved this recipe. The cookies were so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look really tasty. I eyeballed mine and they came out just fine. Maybe two much measuring is a bad thing, cause they tasted just fine misshapen. NIce job on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad she included this recipe too! It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment