A Matter of Discipline

A few months ago Tracy went off all stuff in her coffee. It wasn't to torture herself but as a matter of discipline. It was a small step of control to see if she could do it.

I lack any kind of self control when it comes to chocolate...except for chocolate cake. I much prefer vanilla over chocolate. But, that is beside the point. I love chocolate and it controls me. I don't control it. If I am in line at the grocery store, it somehow jumps in my cart. It's not the kids that want it (they want gum and those gross squeeze candies), it's just me.

So, as a matter of discipline, I decided I was going to go off chocolate and all soda for 10 days. I made it 5 and slipped. I had some grandparents in yesterday that brought me a 3 pound box of chocolates from Russell Stover. I had 1, put the lid back on and stuck them on top of the fridge. At the moment I have no desire to eat anymore of them. I am trying to decide if I need to start my 10 days over and take out all sugar. The chocolate seems to be replaced with other sugary snacks.

Anyway, I guess I am just laying this out there and showing my undisciplined self. I feel like I need to get things under control. It is something I am praying about and trying to do. I have been out of control for far too long.

Comments

  1. I feel your pain, Karen. I was just telling Dad this morning that I think I need to eliminate the flavored creamer from my coffee, because I think it sets me up to want sugar all day.
    I'll pray for you and you pray for me because I'm outta control too.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we share the same struggle! It's tough giving up something you love so much!! hang in there, but it's ok to cave every now and then right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment