Monday, March 09, 2009

Lonely

The last four months of my life have been extremely lonely. I just realized this as I was laying in the grass taking a nap. I am not lonely with my kiddos or my hubby, the time I spend with them is fulfilling and wonderful. I am missing my girlfriends.

Up until this year I was in MOPS and Moms in Touch. I was involved in other activities that involved other women. Now that I am working full time I hardly have time to see anyone at all. It doesn't help that my job is fairly solitary as well. I see students when they come in and I enjoy the times when they want to stand there and have a conversation with me. But, it is not the same as my girls that I can confide in and laugh with.
I miss being able to call someone up and meet for coffee (or diet coke) as the case may be. The friends I do see I hope that we make the most of our time together.

I am a pretty social person so eating lunch by myself almost everyday for the last four months has not been my happy place.

Sorry about the downer, pity party post. I am not feeling well today and that makes things worse. My sweet hubby did stop by with crackers and 7Up for me though. Thank you hunny bunny!!!

If you are in the area and want to have lunch with me let me know! I would love to see you!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm missing our almost daily conversations, too.
Love you,
Mom

Lisa said...

I totally know how you feel. When I worked at the hospital, I had a couple good work friends to talk to. Now I only have high schoolers and while it I enjoy talking with them, I get sick of hearing about their drama. It seems my friends are all spread around, and the few around here it's hard to get together with because of work schedules.

Sarah said...

I know what you mean! Even though I'm able to be in the loop for whatever reason I'm not. I miss my girlfriends too. It probably explains why whenever I actually get to talk to another adult for longer than 3 seconds it takes me forever to shut up...I just never know when I might get that opportunity again :)

BusyBeeMom said...

Working changes everything!! I'm learning this all too well. I need a social director, maid, cook, and mom for hire to go to all the school functions!! Friends are still here...we just need a plan. Selfishly, it was easier when we were all in one place on Sunday. But I can scale the walls to still find time to spend time with you! Heck...the pool is almost open!! Time for spring/summer parties again! Hope we can get together soon...very soon.

carriehayes said...

i am so sorry Karen! i have felt lonely so much at certain times in my life and it is not fun at all. i am praying for you right now! i miss seeing you at mops! hope you feel better too!

saundra said...

What time is your lunch hour? Maybe I could come sometime on a Tues/Thurs if it is during MDO time. I haven't talked to you in so long!