Let's go to lunch....or not.

Today is the first day of Spring Break for my kiddos. Daddy is working from home and waiting to see if he needs to go into the office to take care of anything. Since everyone needs to eat Bobby brought the kids out and we thought we would try Casa Fiesta. It is close and convenient and the last time I went there it was really fast.

We got to lunch and got a seat right away. Our order was taken and our first basket of chips devoured. The kids were a little antsy but not too bad. We did remind them not to play with their drinks though as we didn't want any spills. As we are sitting there Bobby starts to smirk and tells Munchkin to tell me what she sang on the way to pick me up.
She had asked Bobby to tell her when they were halfway to my work. When they got on the freeway she apparently started to sing Life is a Highway but laughed and started over. She was singing Living on a prayer! You know it:

OOOOHHHH! We're halfway the-re. Ooooh ooohh Living on a pray-er. Take my hand and we'll make it I swe-ar.
Hilarious! My kid sings Bon Jovi! That at least was a highlight to our lunch (well that and actually seeing my kiddos and husband in the daylight).

I took a peek at my phone to see what time it was. I only get an hour for lunch so that time is a precious commodity. Our server came back and said it would be ready in a minute and gave us a second basket of chips. Another glass of water was brought for Bobby and finally a third basket of chips. Looking around we could see the people that had come in before us still didn't have their food either.

Finally Little Mans cheeseburger arrived.....sans cheese. Ummmm....cheeseburger...not burger. Cheese was requested along with 4 boxes. The boxes arrived, the cheese did not. I got up to pay the bill while we waited for the rest of our food. I ended up going back up and asking that they remove Munchkins hot dog from our bill as it still hadn't come by the time we were walking out the door. The host was very gracious and we were not mean. We had been informed the kitchen was down one cook.

Hopefully they will be in a better position tomorrow or even later today. I feel for the host who had to deal with everyone. But, I saw no hostility from any of the guests so hopefully it wasn't too bad for him.
My lunch is packed in a box on the way home. I was full of chips so packing it up wasn't heartbreaking. Now I (or Bobby) have lunch for tomorrow....or not

Comments