Accidental Kitchen Science Experiment

At my new job one of my tasks is to send out a morning report. At first it just included weather and who was out of the office. My boss told me I could run with it and let me do what I wanted. Now we have a Getting to Know You Spotlight person each day, a random fact of some kind and a recipe of the day. On occasion the spotlight person will send in a recipe but most of the time I get them from allrecipes.com. One day was Cheese Stuffed Chicken...it might be called something else but I am to lazy to go look at the moment.

The recipe called for cream cheese and cheddar but Bobby is not a fan of cream cheese so Cheddar only it was. I think if I make this again I might add some cream cheese. I think it really will contribute to the flavor.

I made steamed zucchini and squash to go with it along with a loaf of garlic bread. A funny side note: When Munchkin was really little I made squash for her for the first time. She said "What is dis mommy?" As soon as the word squash left my mouth she looked and it and squashed it as hard as she could with her little squishy hand. When I told her that story the other night she just about fell out of her chair she was laughing so hard!


On to the Accidental Kitchen Experiment....You might notice the green tinge to the chicken. I minced garlic and added it to the butter that I was melting on the stove and then added lemon juice. As I was spooning the mixture over the chicken I saw that the garlic had turned green. I was a little bit concerned that I was going to poison my family so I turned to my trusty friend google. Apparently, if you add fresh garlic to an acid like butter or lemon juice it turns green. It is completely safe to eat it just looks funny. Everyone liked this and thought I should make it again.
Any suggestion for keeping the garlic from turning green would be helpful! I suppose we can just count that as our St. Patricks day dinner a few days early!

Comments