{TWD} World Peace Cookies

Wars, floods, earthquakes, tornado's. All of these can be diverted with these cookies. I really need to start looking at the directions for these recipes ahead of time. More than once I have been surprised by the chill time. Not that I am complaining, I most certainly am not. I just need to remember ahead of time to plan my time accordingly. World Peace can only happen when planned.
Hubby had a gig on Saturday so I was hoping to have these ready by the time he got home. No such luck. He got home as I was mixing the dough. My little beater licker was back in action and happy to be. I informed her there were no eggs in the batter so it was completely safe to eat. I took my own advice and tried some of the batter, and some more of the batter, and just a little more. It was a good thing the saran wrap was close at hand because I could have eaten a lot more of the dough before getting it to the fridge.

The defining ingredient in these cookies in Fleur De Something salt. I didn't have any and couldn't find any so I used sea salt instead. I also used milk and semi sweet chocolate chips instead of bittersweet since that is what I had leftover from previous baking adventures. My family loved these cookies. My hubby said "oh! These are really crumbly" Which I thought was really funny since Dorie says in her description that she loves how crumbly they are. We shared a few with neighbors and took the rest to a SuperBowl party. I came home with an empty plate. That was great news since I did not need to finish them off myself.

Thanks to Jessica from Cookbookhabit for choosing this weeks recipe. I had heard about these before and was so happy to finally get to make them. Jessica has the recipe on her site or you can pick up Dories book at Amazon or your local bookstore. Next weeks recipe "Floating Islands".

Comments

  1. I served these at my Super Bowl Party as well and they flew off of the table! They really are excellent! Love the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cookies! They're one of my faves. Yours turned out just great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I loved these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look perfect! So glad that they were a hit with your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that these are crumbly too. And buttery. And chocolatey. I just love these. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved these cookies...cute pic with the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NICE pics...your cookies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how yours look...such character! It is nice when the plate comes back clean, that way I'm not tempted to clean it! Thanks for stopping by to cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dough really was addictive, wasn't it? Your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do your kids ask "Are they done yet, Mommy?" These cookies are so good. I loved them. I can't resist them. I'm glad you made them. They look really good.
    Thank you for stopping by.
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to try these. Maybe you should ship some to Hillary Clinton so that she can hand them out to the world leaders she meets. I bet they would solve a lot of problems. No one can resist a good cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cookies look amazing. I loved the cookie dough too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad they were a hit! Your WP cookies look great. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you liked them - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cookies look fantastic!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't have fleur de sel either. Just good ol fashion kosher salt. I am just not high class like Dorie (yet). HAHA. Glad your cookies don't look like poo either! (I seriously LOL when I read your comment on my blog about poo cookies!)
    Clara @ iheartfood4thought

    ReplyDelete
  18. To bake or not to bake. Hard choice. Dough was ugly, but tasted good both ways. Yours look just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment