Friday, January 02, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I know New Years resolutions seem to be passe. People think it is lame to make them if you are just going to break them. Well, I think the beginning of the new year is a good time to look at the past time and see where you can improve. Some resolutions may be silly, some profound, self-improving or for improving the world around you.
On that note here are a few of my resolutions for 2009.
- Spend more time playing with my kiddos
- Write at least one handwritten letter a week and actually mail it
- Read the Bible through using YouVersion.com
- Cook more healthy meals for my family
- Be better about clipping coupons and trying to find grocery deals
- Bake every week with TWD
- Be more active

I don't think these are things that are too crazy and out there. They should be a part of my life anyway. Now, if I can just get in the habit and actually follow through that would be good.

Do you make New Years resolutions? What are yours?

5 comments:

  1. I just want to lose enough weight to be healthy and get off my meds.
    We will see what happens. I had a really good week though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make resolutions. I am going to be with you in trying to read the Bible in a year. That site just makes it too easy. I am also following Tracy's suggestion, the one word resolution. The word I chose is "witness." I feel that I can do better witnessing to others. I have a lot of opportunity because I meet so many people through my husband's work. Good luck with keeping yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great word to choose. Last year I chose transition and we had a lot. This year I think my work is going to be love. I need to love others a lot more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Karen! i love your resolutions! we will have to become buddies on youversion. i love that site. i hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. saundra3:45 AM

    Wow, I like the idea of handwriting a letter! We get nothin but bills & junk mail anymore. You can send me a letter :)

    ReplyDelete