Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Exit/In - Picture heavy post ahead

I do not remember the last time I got a babysitter so I could go watch Bobbys band play downtown. But, last night I did it! I got a babysitter and managed to make it downtown in my car that is practically limping at this point.

Parking was easy to find and lots of our friends from church came out to see the band. It was nice to see such support from our friends! Salient doesn't play in town very often just because no one wants to pay you to play and it is difficult to get people to show up. If every show was attended like last nights or better they would play in town more often.

For those of you not in Nashville Exit/In has been open since 1971 and has been a hot spot for up and coming big name bands as well as tons of local acts. The last time Bobby and I were there was in 2003. We went to see ours friends Downhere play. The club was cramped, dark and smoky so when the guys were talking about it we didn't see to remember it being great. But, they were talking about it being a great historical place to play. Well, last night it seemed so much bigger! There is a balcony area now that opens up the room a ton plus a fresh coat of paint in the green room. The sound was amazing and the lights were spectacular. But nothing could compare to how great the band sounded. Of course I am a little bit biased but they were tight on everything from rythums to vocals and of course my hubby shreds on the guitar! It was good for me to see him play again and really be able to rock out! I mean I know he is talented but it makes me appreciate his talent even more when I see him in action.






This is our new bass player Ty. We still love our old bass player Ivo but he moved away to Ohio. That makes it a little difficult for practice and shows.

The crew from Lifechurch showed up!! Kasey and I were 2 of about 8 girls in the entire club. Is it a guys things to go out to hear bands? These are some of the friends we have made at Lifechurch and we are so glad to have them in our lives. Ray is in there too and we all know about Ray. ;-)
I had the opportunity to meet Emily last night. This lovely lady is Tys wife. She is very sweet and I am looking forward to getting to know her better. My other two band wife friends didn't make it last night. One due to no babysitter and the other due to impending new baby. I missed seeing them and will hopefully get to hang out again soon.
Melodie (Marks sister) came with her husband David. They are hilarious. She and I both took a bunch of pictures for the band. I am hoping she will let me snag some of hers!

















If you missed last nights show and still want to see Salient in Nashville they are playing at The French Quarter on February 21st. There is a $5 cover charge but it will be worth it!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It looks like you had a great time!

Heather said...

ah Karen, so glad you got to go!! Great pictures!! Looks like a lot of fun!!