Monday, December 29, 2008

{TWD} Tall and Creamy Cheesecake

Back on track...I hope! :) We were allowed to switch up the weeks this month but I happened to make this and post it on the week it was supposed to be on. That is a feat in and of itself lately! Thank you to Anne from Anne Strawberry for picking out this delicious recipe. Go check out her peppermint bark cheesecake. You can also find the recipe on her site or you can buy the book, Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Next weeks recipe was chosen by the author herself!

My husband is not a fan of cheesecake so I knew if I made this it would have to go somewhere else. Our friends Dana and Jeromy invited us over for Christmas dinner and I knew that would be an opportune time to try it out. This was my very first experience with a water bath and I must say it was much easier than I expected.

I never can just leave well enough alone and have to play around with the recipe a bit. I melted some semisweet and bittersweet chocolate and added it in. Plus I put a layer of Heath toffee bits on top of the graham cracker crust. Oh yeah, and I used cinnamon graham crackers since that is what I had in the house.



I did not have a hair dryer to warm the sides of the pan so it came out a little bit ugly but it tasted good!! Sorry about the lousy pictures. One of these days maybe I will learn to cut and take pictures in the daylight so that they come out better. Tastespotting here I come!
My kiddos LOVED this. That surprised me since my daughter is a lot like my husband in the cheesecake department. But, I let her "be my taster" so she really liked it. She even asked me this morning to leave a slice for her and little brother to share later today. I brought the rest in to work to share the love. So far a couple of people have tasted it and I am getting favorable results. Yeah! :) This was not a difficult recipe and I will definitely make it again!

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was a hit! It looks wonderful and I love the variations you used. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous.

    Interestingly enough, I am not a fan of chocolate cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love the chocolate and cinnamon grahams. Looks delicious!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, your cheesecake looks fabulous!! My Todd hates chocolate, but I could really go for a bite of yours! Well done! Looks totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of adding chocolate, heath bits and using cinnamon grahams...yum! I felt a little silly blow drying the side of mine so I may skip that next time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cinnamon crackers! That's a great idea. Yes, I need to learn the secret to cutting cheesecake too!!! :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo!!! Chocolate and heath toffee. How can you go wrong with that!!! Look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry I missed this one but since I would be the only one eating it, it's a good thing I did.
    Yours looks really great. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate cheesecake sounds wonderful. Two perfect things together...mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate and heath toffee bits sounds delicious!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your chocolate version, looks yummy.

    Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you say heath toffee bits? Oh heck yeah! So glad the kiddies enjoyed the goodness that is chocolate cheesecake! How could anyone not like that combo? Your hubs is crazy! haha.
    Clara @ iheartfood4thought

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you didn't leave well enough alone - it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this really sounds wonderful! How exciting that your kids loved it! Getting my kids to try something new is always a feat in my house. I look forward to baking with you in 2009 -- happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my, gosh! Chocolate cheesecake, I'll have to try that next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a girl after my heart. So impressed that she liked an adult dessert. Of course chocolate? I mean who wouldn't right? Great looking cheesecake. : )
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete