Monday, December 01, 2008

It's a new day

As I sit watching the snow fall from my desk I feel much better than I did yesterday. Munchkin went to school happy today. Little Man and I checked out the preschool for a few minutes this morning so he won't be so overwhelmed tomorrow when I drop him off for real. My friend Dana picked Little Man up from me so they can go play.

I never wrote a "Why I am thankful" post this year because I have been hanging out under a storm cloud. I am feeling a little refreshed today.

Since I am feeling better today I want to reflect on the things I am thankful for. I am thankful for a long, hot shower. Our hot water doesn't last long and you have to run the dishwasher or washing machine first to make sure you get hot water, otherwise it is lukewarm.

I am thankful for a good nights sleep. Even though my kiddos slept with me last night I think I only got elbowed in the face once.

I am thankful for family that loves us and wants to see us. That Bobby and I have great relationships with each of our families. I am thankful that when we got married we saw each others family as our family. They are not just "the in-laws", they are our family.

I am thankful for friends that have gone out of their way to help us out these last couple of weeks. This transition has been hard but having good friends has helped.

I am thankful for Diet Coke. I know...I am an addict.

I am thankful for my husband who was worried about me when I was driving home from Texas. He called me a bunch of times to make sure I was OK and to make sure the kids and the dog weren't driving me crazy. I am thankful that he loves me and thinks to call.

I am thankful for each of my kids, for all they have taught me over the last few years. I am thankful for Munchkins independence. I am thankful for Little Mans sweet spirit. Both are good kids and God has blessed us with them.

I am thankful for a job that is going to help pay the bills. It is a quiet time in the morning that I can reflect and count my blessings.

I am thankful for a God that loves me no matter how crazy I am. He IS and Was and IS to COME.

I have many things to be thankful for. So, even though I have many worries they are not as big as God and the things I have to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen. I'm so glad you're feeling better today.
    Love ya madly,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete