Thursday, November 20, 2008

Work, Work, Work

That is all I have to talk about this week. So far so good. I am sure there is a lot more to learn than I already have but it was a weird week to start. People are out and transferred so i am just learning as I go. I have also read 3/4 of a Dean Koontz novel.

I am thinking about joining another weekly cooking club called Craving Ellie in my Belly...we'll see. I need to get the cookbook if I am going to join..hint hint.

For you full time working mamas out there, how do you make time for all of the other stuff at home? Cooking, Laundry, Cleaning, etc.... Yeah, that has kind of gone by the wayside this week. We have gotten up at 6 every morning, bathed, dressed, teeth brushed, breakfast eaten and lunches made. We have made it almost everyday to where we are supposed to be on time. I don't get home until 6:30 at night. Bobby is getting home in time to pick the kiddos up from school but has had to run them places so they don't get to eat. Bedtime is at 8.......30ish so I get to see my kids for and hour and a half for the entire day. By then I am beat and just want to go to bed.
How do you balance every thing?

Christmas is coming!! Can you feel the excitement in the air? No? Not yet? I think we will be breaking out the Christmas CDs over the next couple of weeks. I know, I know, there are some of you out there that pulled them out the day after Halloween. I just can't do it that early.
In that vein, what is your favorite Christmas song?
Alrighty then, back to work. Hope you are all having a great day in cyberland!

3 comments:

  1. Karen, what's the book? Is it The Food you Crave by Ellie Kriger? If it is, it will be a sight healthier than Dorie's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep that is the one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing it so long I don't know any different. I try to not to be to hard on myself. My house is not spotless and my meals are not Martha Stewart quality, but my daughter knows she is loved and well cared for and that will always be my first priority. I usually spend 1-2 hours on Saturday doing cleaning etc.

    ReplyDelete