Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slight Freak Out in Action

We have been struggling for some time with our finances. Part of it has to do with refinancing our house and being young and stupid about it. We trusted a guy who got fired from his job for lying to his clients. We pay all of out health insurance, dental insurance and life insurance out of pocket. We have cut our cable and our home phone. Part of our problem stems from being self employed over the last few years. When you get paid $400 one month it is a little difficult to pull out the money for taxes the next month when you are playing catch up.

I have been home with our kiddos since Munchkin was born. In that time I have taught flute lessons and have sold Pampered Chef to make a little extra money. When I sold Pampered Chef I made just enough to bump us into the next tax bracket so it made it worse for us instead of better. I have felt blessed to stay home with my kids even though finances were tight. Well, when our house didn't sell it seemed like the time to start looking for a job. I know the economy is in the tank right now and people are losing their jobs left and right.

I got offered a job yesterday. I was given until the end of today to decide. I start on Friday. I have serious trust issues with people taking care of my children. I volunteer at Munchkins school and Little Man gets to go to My Gym once a week. I have to suck it up and start trusting that God is going to provide people to take care of my kids that will love them like I do. I am going to miss volunteering and being able to go to lunch every week. I am going to miss taking Little Man to My Gym. But, we need the money.

Little Man says he wants to go to school. I guess we'll see after his first week in daycare what he thinks. Please pray that this is the right decision for our family.

8 comments:

Karen Hyde said...

What a hard decision and a great attitude! I will definitely pray for you and the fam and the adjustment... and especially for you on Friday!

Susan said...

Praying for you right now Karen. I know that was a difficult decision for you. Just praying hard that all is well with the kiddos and with your new job.

BusyBeeMom said...

Hey Karen,

I expect great things from this decision in your life. I know how hard it is, but I believe God is giving you the strength needed to persevere. I know He's been right with me all along. It's hard to go back to work. Really hard. But He's given us opportunities...I'm so proud of you for seeing that.

Let me know how it goes!
Love you.....
Laura

Amy said...

Where will you be working? God will provide everything you and your kiddos need....in every moment. Take a deep breath and take one day at a time. I'm praying for you! Let me know how things go.

Sarah said...

this is big and a very tough decision. Praying that it will only be temporary!!

Have you picked a daycare? I know of a GREAT one right by your house...call me!

Leah said...

Let go and let God. Hard to do I know. My youngest has been in daycare since she was 8 weeks old. Hardest thing but unfortunately necessary. You will definately get a mom gut reaction if anything is amiss with the kids and daycare. What kind of job will you be doing? Does the new daycare costs vs. job income come out in your favor?

Kacey said...

Karen,

I hear you all the way. I know how hard it must be to trust anyone with your kiddos. I know that you love being with them and there for them. I will pray that the Lord will give you strength and wisdom during this transition. HE is faithful.

Montee said...

Prayers going out to you and your children. God will ease the transition and I believe your children will do just fine. I have had to pray a lot whenever there has been change regarding my children and God eases my mind. My next big deal is for Brett. He is flying to Nashville alone this coming Thursday. Yes, mama will be a little nervous even though he will be 17 in a few days.