Sunday, November 30, 2008

Overwhelmed and Broken

It is not just "one of those days". It doesn't feel like a season. It feels like everything is exploding all around me and I can't do enough to dodge the shrapnel.
Of course I am praying though everything but do I not believe enough? Am I not relying solely on God to provide for us? We are trying to teach our kids about Faith and I suppose these are the times when they will see how we handle our Faith.
I know I am partially emotional and tired from a long drive yesterday but I know that is not the only issue. I am also sad about sending Little Man to daycare this week and frustrated about paying over a 1/4th of what I am going to make each month on his care.
Both of our cars have at least fifteen hundred dollars worth of repairs to be done, hopefully they will hold out breaking completely until I make at least a little bit of money. I am tired. I am lost. I am frustrated and overwhelmed.

Is this what it takes to become broken and forced to our knees? Our house didn't sell, we are in debt due to contract work never paying consistently, we owe the government, both of our cars are about to break down. We never stopped praying when times were good. Do we just need to pray harder? I suppose it is all our fault....my fault...for not being faithful with the things God gave us in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. I just wrote a blog on "difficult seasons come". It must be a larger scale attack than I had anticipated. Many in the Faith are suffering right now in a variety of ways. Praying for you and Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on today! The past is already behind, and today has enough troubles of its own.

    We use it as a cliche, but in it's simplicity, it is the only true source of hope. Focus on Jesus! He promised you enough for today! Nothing more, nothing less!

    We are praying!

    ReplyDelete