Sunday, October 05, 2008

Me Time

I have been a stay at home mama for the last 6 years. That means I run my kids all over town and occasionally stay at home. I am a terrible housekeeper but I am a good mommy and like to think I am a pretty good wife. Now that Munchkin is back in school Little Man and I spend a lot of time together. We work on letters, run errands, play cars, volunteer at school and do some chores together. If the TV is on during the day it is tuned to NPT so we can watch Word World and Super Why. All that to say, I don't get all that much me time. Even saying that I need me time sounds selfish to me. So often I feel like I don't deserve time for me, that it is selfish to want to sit on the couch with a trashy magazine and read it cover to cover.

Well, this weekend my wonderful hubby agreed to stay at home with the kiddos while I went away on a scrap retreat. It was kind of last minute but it was refreshing. I love my hubby and my kiddos with all of my heart so a weekend away like that is full of mixed emotion. I always hear about how your kids are only little once so treasure every moment. It makes me feel a little guilty to go away for the weekend because of what I am missing. But, out kids love their daddy so much and it is a great chance for them to spend time together as well. They had a fantastic weekend.

All that to say, I had an entire weekend of Me Time to relax, spend time on a hobby I enjoy, and hang out with other Godly women. I am refreshed and relaxed and ready to start a new week. Even though I don't always feel like I need time for me I suppose I really do.

I will post some of my layouts soon!

4 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty for taking a little time alone. It can only make you a better wife and mom.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with this, too. Comes with the territory, I suppose.

    I LOVE the photo at the top of your page now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do deserve some you time lady! It is well deserved!! You are an awesome mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love retreats! I am planning on going to one in January. Let me know if you want some info :)

    Also, I am more than willing to help you come clean out that storage you mentioned. Just let me know when and where. I am always here to help! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete