Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween Costumes

Do you dress up? Do you celebrate? What is your take on Halloween? I have always loved Halloween. The dressing up, the candy, the festival, did I say candy? Of course I am to old to trick or treat these days but I get to go vicariously through my kiddos.

Poor Bobby really wants to be Sgt. Master Chief or whatever his name is from Halo. Those costumes are expensive.... We thought about being the Incredibles this year but I don't think that is going to happen.

Munchkin is a little undecided and changes her mind every five seconds. She saw the costume the Soccer Star is wearing this year and thinks she wants to match her. Of course she also saw Strawberry Shortcake, a ninja and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz..... We'll see.

Little Man wants to be Super Why. Every time we ask him what he wants to be he shouts "Super Why!! To the Wescue! Power to Wead!!!!"
Now here we are with the real reason for this post. I can't find a Super Why costume. Wanna know why? Because the Ebay people bought them up and are selling them for $50 and up. They are thin little jammie type costumes that I think you can buy for around $19. I know you are trying to make a buck people but come on!! I will attempt to make a Super Why costume before buying it from you for $50!

Then there is my costume...I have no idea what I am going to be. Suggestions?

6 comments:

homeschoolmommy said...

A RUBIX CUBE!

homeschoolmommy said...

Oh or a bag of jelly bellys, clear plastic bag around you filled with colorful balloons marked jelly belly

Montee said...

Yep, Halloween has become BIG business. No more of the cheap little plastic mask that we could hardly breathe through. I am not sure that I ever bought a costume for my children. Wait, yes I did buy a Jasmine costume one time but back then it was pretty cheap. I usually bought makeup, wigs and a few accessories and then used clothes from around the house. I spent less than $20.00 for 2 kids. Then again, they really did not want to dress like a TV character and I know you have to pretty much get that from the store. They were ghosts, a witch, a devil, a bunny, a pirate, cowboy, Don King the boxing promotor and a redneck. Stuff like that.

Patrice4 said...

We LOVE Halloween. Heck, we celebrate 10 years of marriage on Halloween! :D We don't dress up (the adults) not because we don't want to, we're just always broke after candy (cause we LOVE candy) and costumes for the kids and some sort of anniversary celebration. hahahaha.

This year the kids are going to be:

Elway (our youngest daugther who is 4 1/2) A girl scarecrow

Jon-Christopher (6 1/2) skelton--which was one of the coolest things he could find for his size--he's only wearing 4T.

Maryjean (heading for 9 in December) Hmmm, I don't know how to describe it. They call it a spider ghost I think. It has a white wig, black dress with jacket thing and fake spider web to go over it--and a spider to put on the wig. Which is hilarious because less than 3 weeks ago, she was deathly afraid of spiders--go figure. :)

Hmmm, wish I had an idea for you.

Band of Brothers said...

50 bucks?Geez! That's high way robbery. i bet you could do a way better job anyway!

Leah said...

We don't go trick or treating anymore, we go to our church's Harvest Family Party. There are bounce houses and the kids play games for candy (they get a ton of candy). My youngest daughter has an absolute blast there. I rarely ever dress up but one of my friends from church said I have to so I am going to be an old man and my youngest daughter is going to be an old lady. I am going to go to Goodwill and get the clothes and accessories. I think it will be fun and cheap.