Tuesday, September 23, 2008

{TWD} Dimply Plum Cake

This weeks TWD was chosen by Michelle of Bake-En. I love that name! It made me laugh the first time I saw it! Thanks Michelle for choosing such a delicious recipe!

Over at TWD this recipe really got mixed reviews. I can see how it would be a love it or hate it recipe though. It was actually supposed to be baked in an 8 inch square dish but mine was in the dishwasher. So, like the non-rule follower I am, I baked it in a round Pampered Chef dish. It called for Cardamom and I used PC Cinnamon Plus. I would have followed the rules on the spice except there was none at the store I was at AND the tag said it was ten bucks! No thanks.

I personally love plums so I really liked the way this turned out. Munchkin liked the bread but doesn't like cooked fruit. Little Man also ate the bread and picked out the plums. Bobby was out of town the day I made it and wouldn't even try it when he got back. I guess it didn't appeal to him. Oh well. Maybe I can make it for a potluck sometime....



16 comments:

Susan said...

I am not a plum person but I have to say the presentation is beautiful Karen!! Your picture of it could be in the Pampered Chef catalog!!

Cathy said...

I need to follow your lead and not be such a rule follower. I went out and bought an 8" square pan AND cardamom, and felt like I was being robbed blind by the cardamom in particular. In the end, it was not enough to save this cake for me. I am impressed that Little Man and Munchkin tried this -- mine wouldn't even give it a teeny tiny taste. Oh well. Your round cake looks beautiful!

Marthe said...

Your cake looks wonderful!!

CB said...

I am loving the round shape! Bummer it wasn't a hit in your house but if you make it next time try out a different fruit? I made mine with cherry+lime and was pleasantly surprised at how much I ate! HAHA.
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Andrea said...

Your cake looks beautiful, I love how you used the round pan and were able to fit more plums on. I'm surprised your kids didn't like it, mine were in love with plum cake :) After trying it with cinnamon and then cardamom I really don't think you were missing anything but not adding it. I love your blog, it's got a nice balance of food, family, thought, what a fun place!

Lori said...

it's beautiful in the round!

Natashya said...

You did a great job on the cake - it looks perfect. My two youngest are still picky and they are bigger than me! I don't use them as a guage of my success in baking.
Cinnamon is a fine choice for spice. Great job!

Jules Someone said...

Nice looking cake! I'm glad I bought the cardamom, but mine was a lot cheaper.

Pamela said...

I agree about the lovely presentation of your cake! It looks really wonderful. This was so much better than I thought it would be, and I'm so glad I tried it.

Flourchild said...

I all most made mine in that round stone pan you have. Your cake looks great. I want to make it next time with pears!

Debbie said...

Yours looks great Karen. I don't think I'm on the list yet. What do I do? Is Laurie still out?

The Food Librarian said...

Looks great! I like the round pan with round fruit!

n.o.e said...

Your cake has the most perfect dimples! I know it was yummy. I count myself lucky that my husband loves fruit desserts most of all (we've made lots of those for TWD this summer) and loved this cake. My girls would never have let this pass their lips, however.
Nancy

Rebecca said...

Oh, your cake looks lovely in that dish! Dorie must never have been to a PC party. ;)

Patrice4 said...

It looks nice, but Munchkin is a girl after my own heart--I don't like cooked fruit either. I thought I was the only one. LOL! But it sure is pretty. And now I want plums. :)

Barbara said...

Too bad your kids didn't like it -- but it sure looks pretty in that nice pan! Cinnamon sounds like a fine choice.