{TWD} Chunky Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chipsters

Today's selection from Tuesdays with Dorie was chosen by Stephany at Proceed with Caution. A delicious choice I might add!

I didn't follow the recipe exactly as it called for cinnamon and nutmeg. I had both but I also have Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus on my spice rack. I also unintentionally left out 2 cups of oats. So much for being detail oriented and a perfectionist. In my defense I was cleaning house at the same time for a showing tonight.
I wasn't planning on letting the dough sit in the fridge either before baking but the dough was really soft so I was a good girl and followed directions.

I used my Pampered Chef Medium Scoop to make these lovely, perfectly round cookies.
My littlest taste tester helped me out with the beaters. He usually won't take them at all but after a small like he was hooked....for another 4 licks and he was done. He much prefers the done cookies over the batter. Where did that kid come from? My older taster, had she been home from school would have been all over licking the beater!

The first batch came out nicely after 15 minutes. My oven cooks a little slow and I was baking on a Pampered Chef stone which always takes an extra minute or two. The cookies came out light and chewy. I may have to share some with the neighbors though as we are still eating Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte!

Now, here is a picture the second day of the torte. Looks much better, yes?
My sister has decided to join TWD also which rocks! Now she and I can bake "together" each week. :)

Comments

  1. Great looking cookies, and nice flashback on the torte. I only had one slice of torte and I kind of miss it!
    Good job on the challenges, and how fun that your sister will join - is she sharing your blog or has her own?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! She does have a blog http://themanymoodsofhomeschoolmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Karen my TWD blog is http://1cupofkindnesseverytuesday.blogspot.com/

    And your cookies look really good. I think I need to work on presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered the book so mommy could get into the act. Now do I have to sign up on the website?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum-O!!! That stuff looks great Karen!! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the cookies! They were awesome! Can't wait to taste what you make next week..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cookies look really tasty, as does the torte!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment