Monday, September 08, 2008

Bad Dream

I hate those dreams that make me wake up feeling sick to my stomach. Or the ones that make me angry at Bobby for something he didn't do. Or the ones that make me weep. Last night was one of those dreams that made me feel helpless and like a horrible mother. I dreamt we were traveling with Bobbys family. In total there were 8 kids and in all of the hustle everyone thought Munchkin was riding with someone else. She got left at the hotel we were all staying at. We had been taking pictures out front so I knew she had been with us and what she was wearing. We had driven at least an hour when we stopped at a rest area and she wasn't with us. I freaked out and called the hotel. They hung up on me because I was hysterical. When I called back they said she as there waiting for us. This is where I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep and couldn't stop thinking about it. Of course then I could make the end good.
When we finally got back (at least I hope this is what happened) she said she couldn't find us and didn't see a policeman. So, like we had talked about she found a mom with kids and managed to get back to the hotel.

I went and took the dog for a walk after going in and staring at her for a little while. It made me feel a little bit better to get out and walk this morning and clear my head. Ugh, waking up like that tends to affect me entire day.

Am I crazy or am I the only one that has insane dreams like this?

3 comments:

  1. No you're not crazy and everyone has a strange dream once in a while. I remember a dream I had when I was a teenager. My grandfather was in a glass room and he was having a heart attack. I knew I could save him if I could just get to him, but there wasn't a way in. I woke up crying and went downstairs to check on him. It was dark and he almost gave me a heart attack when I was standing over him and he said, "What's wrong?" I fled back upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand Karen! I hate those kind of dreams that seem all too real!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dreams are insane. Last night I dreamed that I was trying to dress my baby (I don't have a baby) in this weird costume and she (I don't have a daughter) was screaming bloody murder and I was torturing her. It was awful. :-( Talk about GUILT!!

    ReplyDelete