34-Just like 24...only older...

Yesterday was was my 34th birthday. 34!! I am still early 30's right? Mid 30's are from 35-38 and then you hit late 30's...at least in my mind that is how it works! :)

At 34 I am in the midst of mothering my two beautiful children.
I am an advocate for each of them in different ways.

At 24 I had no idea I would be the mom of a special needs child...to look at him you wouldn't even know. But, if he doesn't respond to you when you say hi, please don't be offended.

At 34 I get to read for pleasure. At 24 I pretty much read the books for my Masters.

At 34 I love to go away on scrapbook weekends, hang out with the girls, watch movies and just be silly!

At 24 I don't think I would have thought of doing that...not being a newlywed anyway.

At 34 I am feeling more self confident everyday. At 24 I was was too much of a people pleaser. I have been that was for way too long.

At 34 I am currently digging Colbie Callait, Jason Mraz, The Wreckers, Kelly Clarkson, Jack Johnson, Sara Barriles, Joss Stone...or whatever Target has on its end caps. (Yes I know my music snob friends out there will laugh or shake their heads at that).

At 34 I am learning to be a better baker...I suppose I should focus on cooking too.

At 24 I was not a great cook at all. We ate a lot of hamburger helper, rice and pork chops cubed and cooked in sherry, garlic and olive oil.

At 34 I am addicted to Facebook like everyone else my age is.
At 24 that didn't even exist yet.

At 34 I am looking at how young I still am (no comments from the peanut gallery!) and how much of life there is to live. I think about my kids and all of the different stages they will go through in the coming years. I look forward to all of the future birthdays and anniversaries I have ahead of us!

At 24 I am pretty sure I thought 34 was really old.

I think at 34 I am finally coming into my own.

Comments

  1. At 56 I'm just coming into my own!
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great birthday! I will be 34 next June! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! my birthday is on sunday! great post, great perspective. i agree, it's way better up here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post... Happy Birthday!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just so you know, i am abiding by bylaw 6 and letting you know i posted my tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your birthday was great! And your reasoning is true--very true. I turned 38 1 month to the day before your birthday and I am still in my mid 30's. Although my sister who turned 39 2 days later is pushing 40--LOL! I'll have to rethink that next year. *grin* Funny, when I turned 34, I had a 4 1/2 year old, a 2 1/2 year old and 6 month old. It's kind of fun looking back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Karen,

    just wanted to say happy belated birthday...hope it was great!

    And if you are really worried about the number, just do what I do. This year I celebrated my second anniversary of 29. It works great for me and people who aren't very smart just think I am 29 (at least that's what I keep telling myself!)

    Miss you girl! Brea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment