Tuesdays With Dorie

While using Stumbleupon a while back I Stumbled across the blog Tuesdays with Dorie. It started it out with one blogger wanting to go through the book Baking:From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Over the last eight months it has exploded and there are over 250 blogger participants. There are only a few rules, one of which include owning the book.

Since my birthday is coming up on Thursday I convinced Bobby that that was what I wanted for my birthday. Yesterday we headed off to Books-A-Million to pick it up. The website said the cost was $26.00. Um yeah that would be on the website...for club members. After writing down the recipe I thought I was supposed to make for this week we came home and ordered the book on Amazon.com for $11.57.

For some reason I thought I was supposed to make the Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte....it was the recipe for last Tuesday. I made it anyway today with so-so results and thought I would post it anyway. If I get my book in time I will post on Tuesday about the Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters chosen by Stephany of Proceed With Caution .

As you can see these are the ingredients. The recipe called for Vanilla Ice Cream whirled with Raspberry's. Since I do not have a food processor..yet.. I chose to go with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Oh yeah, and I am the only one in my house that like raspberry ice cream.

I do not have a double boiler but this was what was suggested in the book anyway. Aside from being a little awkward to keep steady while stirring it worked out nicely.

Now this next picture looks kind of nice but it was melty around the edges and had to go back in the freezer for ...oh about 3 more hours.After we cut into it I realized how much longer I should have let each layer set in the freezer. It was really squishy.

I do have to say I was in a little bit of a hurry because I was trying to get it put together before our open house today. When I make this again I will make sure that the freezer is extra cold and that each layer sits at least 30 minutes.

Even though it was squishy we all ate it up! Delicious!

Comments

  1. That looks YUMMY - who cares if it's a little melted or not! Just thinking of you - haven't seen you lately at any of the Special Mom stuff - I haven't been to much either, but did make to Barfields the other night. Hope you guys are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY - that is my hubby's as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to TWD! You got a DEAL on your book on Amazon! Your torte looks delicious. It's got to melt some time, so this way you don't feel bad digging right in.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you have us over for dinner and dessert some time? :) You always have pictures on your blog of the scrumptious stuff you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! :) I just finished my recipe to post for today. Delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm...I would totally eat that anyways. Welcome to TWD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment