Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Magic Blue Smoke=Bad!

We woke up late this morning. Well, I take that back. My alarm went off at 6:30 and I hit snooze until 6:45. I really wanted a shower to wake up so I made poor Bobby get out of bed to help me get the kids ready. Munchkin finally drug herself out of bed and got herself dressed but not until after I had told her to get up at least 4 times.

While in the shower I hear "Karen, where is the toaster?" I didn't realize hubs had not put in his contacts yet so I was really annoyed that he handed looked for it. Of course I knew where it was after cleaning all day yesterday and told him exactly where it was. When I discovered he didn't have his eyes in yet I was slightly less annoyed.

Getting shoes on was a pain and we finally got out the door.

At the light just leaving our neighborhood I noticed the car making a little shimmy in 1st gear.
Munchkins school is not that far and we were already running late so I just kept going. The car would not get up to the right speed and in several gear was doing a bigger shimmy than before.

As we got to the intersection right before school the check engine light started blinking and the car stalled out on me. I rounded the corner, stalled out and all of a sudden had blue smoke pouring from under the hood. I wasn't planning on walking Munchkin in but I didn't dare pull up in the circle with the car acting like that. I was praying that I would break down and cause all of the traffic to back up around the corner. I managed to make it into the parking lot only stalling one more time. When Little Man and I came back after our short walk the car started right up and we drove home.

I was supposed to go to Moms In Touch this morning but had to go home and drive Bobby to work. I am afraid to drive the car and get stuck somewhere.

I am wondering if our oil tank is dry. I got an oil change a few weeks ago but just the last couple of days I have noticed a few oil spots on the street. I am not sure why it would just start leaking now. Who knows. I know we need a new transmission and a new catalytic converter but have zero dollars to fix it. We may be a one car family for a little while.

Ugh. So, by 8:25 I was already having a day that made me want to cuss! It is better now. Little Man and I are hanging out watching Between the Lions while he plays with our obnoxious dog.
Hopefully the rest of the day will be even better.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen! I hope your car makes it. Sorry for the rough morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with you and Magic Blue Smoke? Ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete