Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Brief Memory

When Bobby and I got married one of our favorite activities was going to the movies. We both had full time jobs and few bills. We would drive over to the AMC movie theater in Covina, check what was playing when, and go have dinner at Outback. It always worked out that we could find something we wanted to see and got to have a delicious dinner. We were a little more spontaneous back then I guess because we had to be. Now you can look up what is playing when on Movietickets.com and plan around that. Of course we only go to the movies about once every 6 months now due to the price and not wanting to see kids movies every time we go.

Anyway, I was just thinking about how easy it is to figure out movie times with the Internet and how much I love technology and share it with my 5 faithful readers! :)

2 comments:

Patrice4 said...

Hahahaha. I can definitely relate to that. Our kids are basically the same age 4 1/2 year old girl, 6 1/2 year old boy and an added 8 1/2 year old girl. And back pre-kids when we still lived in NYC (my hometown) we would go out to Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn and have our dinner and movie, or go hang out in the Village, nice meal and weird movie. I wouldn't give up the kids for anything in the world, but I do miss some of the ability to be spontaneous--and do grown up things. :) Ah me. :)

And it is expensive. Although down here in Nashville I won't complain considering my sister and Mother who still live in NY have paid $11 to see movies. EEK!

Leah said...

We went on our first date night in 1 1/2 years recently and went to dinner. The food wasn't even that great. The last time I went to a movie was Ratatouille with my youngest daughter.