Not a good day.....

I feel like a crappy mommy today. My poor kids got the brunt of my stress earlier. It was bad enough I had to apologize for acting like a 2 year old.
Of course here are a few things that happened:
-Got a bill from the electric company saying they are turning off our power on the 31st if I don't pay $60. I paid that bill so I called the company. Yeah, feeling like an idiot. As I realize our bill doubled when we turned the AC on. I only paid half the bill last time thinking that my check and the bill crossed in the mail.
-I had been trying to get my kids to clean Little Mans room for 3 hours when I got a call from the apointment setting line for someone to see the house. My house was still kind of a mess from Munchkins birthday party last week and I was working on it but it was still a pain.
-We were supposed to go to a birthday party but the appointment line called back to see if they could come earlier. We would not have made it back in time if we went. Munchkin said she would be sad if we didn't go but not heartbroken.
-Did I mention Kelsey is shedding her undercoat? I swept up so much dog hair I could have knitted myself a winter coat.
-I told the kids to finish cleaning Little Mans room while I took a shower. All of a sudden I had no water pressure and all of my hot water was gone. I had only been in there for 2 minutes. I turned off the water, realized my towel was in the living room for some reason, and heard the water running upstairs. My son was filling the bathtub with all of my precious hot water.
That would be about the time I lost it and acted like a two year old. I pulled him out of the tub and told him to go change. That was met with crying because his clothes were all wet. Yeah? Guess what? You were in the bathtub with your clothes on!
-Munchkin knew how upset I was. By the time the water heated back up and I was out of the shower she had cleaned Little Mans room fairly well. I basically just had to straighten everything up.
-Oh yeah, today is also the day I decided to catch up on all of my laundry. I was planning on leaving Bobbys out for him to put away when he gets home tomorrow but it is all put away due to the house showing.
-I was taking out the trash when the lady got here to look at the house. She was very nice. Please pray she is the one who wants our house!
I guess on the plus side the dog is doing better inside. She is not trying to get on the furniture and is really not jumping on us. She likes to lay by the front door, which is totally fine with me. As long as she is not slobbering on me I am fine.
Also, as we were saying prayers tonight Little Man deviated from his normal short prayer to include daddy's safe trip home tomorrow. That was really sweet. Hugs from both of my babies tonight helped make me feel better too.
All I can do is pray for a better day tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Yah, I think we've all had those bad days. Your kids know you love them! So sorry your shower water turned cold. Sounds horrid. I would have flipped out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:03 PM

    I have had a very similar version of that day (I actually kicked the cat).
    Mama needs her hot shower!

    Vanessa (Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost it today too, glad to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment