4th of July Aftermath

On July 3rd we bought a bunch of fireworks to set off. Bobby was a little bummed that we didn't get to do them on the 4th but we made up for it on the 5th. He felt a little better when there were quite a few people setting them off at the same time as us.

On a different note I found this recipe for homemade pretzels through stumbleupon. As soon as I saw it I knew I was going to have to make them. Bobby and the kids love those giant pretzels at the mall (ok, I do too) and I thought they would be fun to make.

I made the dough right before we went to set the fireworks off. When we got back it was ready to roll out, twist and pop in the oven. They were a hit! The recipe made 6 homemade pretzels and since I would make the same size mess for 12 I will be doubling it the next time.

We took the kids up to an open parking area near our house to play with fire. :) For the most part they sat on the trunk of the car while Bobby played pyro. We had some cool fireworks like the ground bloom flowers, a fire truck and a couple of fountains and a couple of duds. The kids loved the little poppers you throw on the ground and the sparklers.
When we got home our neighbors were setting some off in their front yard so we watched for a little bit more before heading in to enjoy our delicious pretzel treat.

Whew, what a day! The aftermath of 4th of July was just as fun as 4th of July!

Comments

  1. Looks like you guys enjoyed the holiday! :) I want one of those pretzels! And a funnel cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO gotta try the pretzel recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment