Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Unlucky/Lucky

Today has been a really long day. It all started with getting the kids to VBS a little bit late. That was actually a blessing in disguise. Little Man has a hard time with transition and also with crazy loud crowds. Yesterday when I was dropping him off he had a really hard time because there was just chaos. I suppose it was kind of controlled but it did not make him happy. This morning, on the other hand, everyone was quiet as the morning video had already started when we got in the auditorium. He went right to his teacher and had a fantastic day.

While the kids were at VBS I went for a walk with my friend Trina. Her little girl is in VBS also so we both have several hours to do what we want. She convinced me to walk 6 miles with her. I think I may not be able to get out of bed in the morning. While we were walking she and I both stuck our cell phones in the top of our sports bras....(sorry guys but it is way more convenient than carrying it). Unfortunately the undergarments that are supposed to wick away moisture wicked all the moisture right into my Pink Motorola Razr. It no longer works...at all. So, after walking 6 miles and picking up the kids I headed for the Verizon store. The guy there was very helpful and mentioned if I had an old phone he could reactivate it for me for the time being. I happened to have my old flip phone in the glove box and ran out to get it. I think the problem I had with the old phone was that it would not hold a charge. That is ok though, as long as I can still call people I am good to go.

After that brief stop we went down to our drummers apartment so the kids could swim. Much fun was had by all...except Little Man. Am I a horrible mother for trying to make him float with Munchkins pink floaties? He screamed his head off and I stuck him back on the side of the pool. That is where he spent the majority of his afternoon. He had his noodle and was fishing for shoes.

I had just enough time to get home, shower, and head out for Bunco. I won $20! Woohoo! Unfortunately I am exhausted. That is OK though I am about to head for bed. Hopefully I will get a good night sleep so I can do it all over again tomorrow!

No comments: