Monday, April 28, 2008

Unintentional bad word

Munchkin has the day off of school today so I took the kiddos to meet Bobby for lunch. We went to Amerigos downtown. Yum! I got the artichoke cheese dip for my entree (which everyone else shared of course), the kids got kids spaghetti to share, and Bobby got a sandwich. We love that place but don't get to go very often.

While we were eating we were trying to get Little Man to say "tree". He says "free". Munchkin used to say "shree". We were telling the kids how they used to mispronounce words. Munchkin looked at me and said "I used to say sh***y for kitty" with a great big grin on her face! I started laughing so hard I had tears running down my face. It was all I could do to say "Honey, you used to pronounce it shivvies." She laughed and went "Oh Yeah!!" Bobby was laughing too and we both looked around to see if any one else had heard. It sounded so loud to us but apparently it wasn't as loud as we thought, no one else noticed. Whew!

It was so not the time to go into that's a bad word as she doesn't even know what she said. I am just waiting for her to come home and ask me what certain words mean that she learns on the playground. Hopefully she won't hear any but I know that is completely wishful thinking.

Anyway, we got a good laugh today, hope you did too!

4 comments:

  1. hilarious. :)Thanks for sharing, I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story. I have been through this too with both of mine when they were little. My son, Brett has been in the locker room with ballplayers since he was very young. I just knew he would pick up bad words and repeat them when he first started school. I have never heard him cuss, with the exception of pronouncing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. I have a good friend whose son mispronounced the word "frog" and would jump up and down and say it all the time. Hopefully you get my meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is too good!

    my middlest used to say t for k. so kitty cat became *itty tat. not a good thing!

    i need to post on some of these - my kids have been pullin' some good ones lately too!

    ReplyDelete